Friday 20 November 2009

REBECCA, DOC MARTEN's and THE MUSEUM AND COMPLETED THINGS BY ME

OK,  I know I have put a few of these on here before,  BUT I had to show them again, because the local Boot and Shoe Museum in the centre of Town decided to have ALL the boots and displays the children had made. These are better photo's than the previous lot I took. Rebecca was thrilled her Doc Marten Boot she made was on display.  So here we are Doc Marten display from Boothville Primary School Children.

Reb with her yellow Doc Marten boot...



That's the one Nana...



They look great don't they...



This is The Wizard of Oz and Dorothy's Red Shoes -
Rebecca pointed out to the Museum they had put the leaves round the WRONG display..
Go girl...



The Giant's Boot from Jack and the Beanstalk...



The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe..
Look at the size of it compared to Reb, at school this had all dolls over it as all the children...



These Boots are made for walking....



Cinderella of course...



Jack and The Beanstalk, minus the leaves cos they put them round the Wizard of Oz,
also the Boot should be here...



Close up of Reb's Boot to finish.



Well done Reb and ALL the children at the School, fantastic Boots and Displays.

*******************************

Following now are things I have completed recently, taken me a while, but I am slowly catching up with things. This first item is the Journal page for JULY, I am doing these Journal pages from the Popular Patchwork Magazine, they set a  the task of what to do, this was SunPrinting, I have chosen to use Windows as my continuing theme throughout the year, this is the back...



this is the front, hopefully you will see it is a view of the hot,
searing desert, through large picture windows...



Now this has taken a whole year to do for some reason,
I just kept getting waylaid by other things...
These are strips of Batik fabrics again from Popular Patchwork Forum,
we swapped strips and then had to make something with them...



Finally, this is what I made...



this is the back...



and this is the all important label...




Whew!
Again from the PP Forum, we are doing a Friendship Block swap,
this is going to go to Alison who requested Baskets...



Yep, more from PP Forum, this time the Postcard Swap,
some folk have trouble keeping up or sometimes they drop out,
so Katy and myself are making up the missing cards for others so they will
have a complete set, shame to miss out don't you think!
This is UNDER THE SEA for..................



Katy made this one for me as I was missing my
Under The Sea Card,
isn't it great, thank you Katy.



Well, that's all for now, it is my Group's day tomorrow, so I have been a little busy getting ready for that today. Tomorrow we will, I hope, be doing a kind of Quilting Bee!! Hmmmm!! I wonder what they will make of my new aid! I now have a walking stick. On Tuesday as I got out of bed I managed to do something to my left knee. I just cannot describe the pain to you, I have had it before but not as bad as this. It is only just beginning to feel right. I was unable to walk properly so hubby went out and bought me the stick which helped enormously. I hope I wont have to use it permanently, I can just imagine the remarks!! Reb is itching to have a go with it as a golf club!!!!

4 comments:

Pat said...

I just LOVE all the photos you showed us today. That shoe and boot display is WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love your batik swap quilt, so pretty and I love the quilting you did. I hope your knee feels better soon. Read my latest on my wreck.

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Jan, Well done to Rebecca for her wonderful boot and to all the children for their lovely display. Your PP catch-up must have been a marathon, well worth it though. Hope your knee mends soon and you can do away with the sticks. Mike had to borrow some sticks last weekend from a neighbour as he did something to his foot - I'm afraid we were a bit unkind to him when he was hopping around! Love, Ros x

Reflections of life and art said...

How did I miss all these shoes????
The display is wonderful....cheers for all the children!