Friday 2 September 2011

MAKOWER QUILTS YEAR 2004

Aha, before I put the pictures of Year 2004 Quilts I made for Makower, I have to explain something to you. It wasn't until Maggi nudged me by something she said that I remembered what happens to the Quilts.
After they have done their rounds of shops or whatever, they are sent to Charity's for raffling off for funds.
I had some returned to me and I passed all but two on to MIND for them to raffle, unfortunately I never heard from them what they raised!! The remaining two I gave to my friend Ros the other week when she visited me to raffle off for her Church or a good cause. Ros knows many good causes so I know she will choose well.
Also I will explain the way it worked regarding the fabrics. I received the latest fabric sample from Makower on a regular basis and if any took my fancy, I designed a Quilt with the chosen range, then asked for double the quantity of fabric needed to make the Quilt, one for them and one for myself to keep. That was how they paid me for making the Quilts. I was more than happy with that arrangement, but hubby thought it was a bit 'off kilter' as I provided the wadding and thread, my time and then the postage of getting the finished Quilt to them when needed which was always Yesterday. Anyway, I enjoyed making them so didn't grumble. As I said last time, I am not going to make all of them again, so I have a grand stash of gorgeous fabrics to do with as I wish now. Maybe I will take a picture of it all for you to see just how much there is. I don't want you to think I am boasting though!! Right, pictures...
Seascape Range...
 I have just finished making a copy of this one for myself -
different quilting on it now though...
 Christmas range...
 Not sure if you can see the numbers on here...
 When opened, they spelt out a special message,
also a different motif for each one too -
took ages to get the message right I remember Rebecca playing with the mini quilts...
 Symphony range...
 I really enjoyed making this one although those treble clefs gave me a bit of grief at the time,
Hope you can see all the names round the border...
 heehee Robbie is top and centre of course,
I tried to do Classical/Pop/Classical/Pop,
I got told off by a Friend's husband for not having Verdi on there,
Oops!!
 Wildside range...
 My idea for this was the wild animals looking through the windows with the
domestic cats taunting them, what do you think? Did I achieve it?
I know the waste of fabric niggled me even though I hadn't paid for it,
I had to fussy cut those Tigers you see...
Gosh, I didn't make many that year did I?
Or maybe they didn't send me all the ranges that year, who knows. Not I.
Hope you enjoy looking at them, do leave me a comment,
criticism too good or bad, I don't mind at all.
************************************************

2 comments:

QuiltandPatch said...

Love the quilts especially the cats tantalizing the lions! hehe Fancy them not giving you thread and wadding!!! I'm with hubby on that one. But guess like us all you just enjoyed doing it!

Maggi said...

Mmm, just enjoying the eye candy.