Thursday 3 November 2011

WHAT KATY SAID...AND MORE QUILTING

I asked Katy if I could put on here her comments she sent me when she received her Quilt. She has said OK so here they are, I did laugh out loud at the first one, feel sure you will too. But I do appreciate what she has said, what wonderful things to say for me. Thank you Katy.


Katy’s comments

Jan
It's here, and it is beyond bloody beautiful! I can't get over how totally lovely your quilting is! It is a marvel and just fantastic, I feel like the luckiest person in the world. THANK YOU SO MUCH! And thank you for the lovely postcard too. I am beyond words, and I never want to quilt anything myself ever again! I will steal money from my children and pay you instead! 
x100000!
Love
Katy



Katy then put this on a forum we are both on, I am so grateful Katy.

Am I not the luckiest person ever? Jan has transformed my little welsh quilt with her brilliant beautiful free motion quilting. Here is the back, it is going to be hung up wrong side out I think, cos it is so lovely, I want to look at the back all the time. Have a look in the album at the other photos (which incidentally I pinched from Jan, cos they were better than mine, thank you Jan). The feathers are all brilliant, but I love the patterns in the wide pale border the most.
Isn’t Jan clever? Have a look at Jan's blog, Jan's Musing for more info, and keep your eyes peeled for some exciting news about Jan's quilting.
Before this came back, I had a plan for the November technique challenge, but I'm a bit scared now!

Thank you again Katy, you are a star

I have received many wonderful emails and comments on the forum from other ladies about this little quilt, so maybe someone will ask me to do a quilt for them. Actually my friend Di, has earmarked one for me to do for her. So it looks as though I am off, as it were.

 **********************************

OK moving on, I have been busy quilting away on some more UFOs. I have finished three more, plus one new Quilt I started a few short weeks ago. Hope you like them...

This Quilt doesn't have much quilting on - for me - hahaha, when I made this one
I loved it, but now ???? not sure whether I will be keeping this one...
 close up for you, see, not a lot of quilting...
 the back, it is made up of strips of different fabrics...
***************************************
This Quilt is actually one that when I first got a computer,
I didn't have a printer and my Suzanne and her hubby Richard used to print patterns out for me,
this is one of them, I love this design, but I shan't be keeping this quilt,
it is going to someone special, can't say yet...
 lots of quilting on this one...
 blooming vermicelli...
 the back view...
 *********************************************
This is a Quilt which I tested the pattern for
GETA
after making the few squares to test her pattern I carried on making the blocks
because I just loved the design so much, now it is finished and this is
MY Quilt, I just love it. Thank you Geta for allowing me to be your Tester...
No vermicelli on this baby...
 
 showing the border quilting...
 the back...
 another shot of block and border...
 another of the back, this was taken indoors...
since testing this pattern for Geta, I have done another for her.
I cannot put it on my Blog yet as I am not sure she has the pattern for sale yet.
It will be another keeper for me I am sure.
Actually I just want to let you know Geta has written a book now which is available from Amazon, you have to pre order it, I have done just that. More on her site HERE
********************************************************************
***********************************
The Eagle eyed amongst you will notice there is one UFO missing...I forgot to take a photo of it. OOPS!
Tomorrow folks.
******************************

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your quilts, they are amazing. Beautiful........

Caz said...

Hi Jan,
I am seriously thinking about sending you my Hexie quilt to quilt for me,,,, when I finish it!!!!

QuiltandPatch said...

As usual lovely work Jan. sorry my comp hasn't been working so could not comment before!

Maggi said...

The praise you got from Katie is well deserved. The start of a new career??

Kerstin said...

Im glad you cant see me sitting here with my mouth wide open. Your quilting is amazing.